“App store crashes on iOS 12 beta 1. Every time I go to the updates bar, the App store starts freezing and then crashing. What causes apps to crash on iPhone after iOS 12upgrade”
Since the WWDC released iOS developer beta, many people just can’t wait to experience the latest software version on their iPhone or iPad. But recently, some users complained that app crashes after iOS 12/11 update. Indeed, being a developer beta, iOS 12 really comes with numerous bugs. Instead of removing the new software from your device, you can fix app crashing on iPhone totally by yourself.
1. Force Quit App and Re-launch
Well, this can be the easiest solution. Sometimes when apps are freezing on your iPhone, close the application and launch it again really helps.
Double press the Home button and you’ll see all the background running apps. Locate the freezing one and swipe up on it to quit quickly. Then go back to the Home screen and tap the app icon to open it again.
2. Force Reboot the Device
If the app still keeps force closing out on iPhone after opening it again, try to force restart your iPhone.
Hold and press the Power button and Home button until the Apple Logo appears, then release the buttons and launch the application if it works now. If you are using iPhone 7/7 Plus, hold the Sleep/Wake button + Volume Down button for 10 seconds.
3. Update Apps to the Latest Version
After upgrading iPhone to iOS 12/11, some apps are still the old version, which may become unstable. Try to update all of the apps in App Store.
Open App Store and tab on “Updates”, download and install any available updates for the crashing apps. Once finishes, launch the app and it will work fine.
4. Restore iPhone in Recovery Mode
If you cannot updates apps in App Store just as the example we list in the beginning, you can put iPhone into recovery mode and then out to fix iPhone Facebook, Twitter, Message and other apps keeps flashing or crashing error. Instead of manually putting iPhone into recovery mode, we recommend you to try Free Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot), enter recovery mode with one click.
- Download and install Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot) on computer, run the program and connect iPhone to PC. Once your device is recognized, click “Enter Recovery Mode” option
- After seconds, click “Exit Recovery Mode” to bring your iOS device back to normal. When it reboots, run the apps to see if there still a problem.
5. Delete and Reinstall App
If the above methods failed to help you out, delete the freezing apps and uninstall them will be the most effective solution. However, all the data and personal information will be erased. If you don’t want any data loss, skip to Part 2.
Tap and hold the app icon on Home screen, when the (X) icon appears, tap on it and confirm the deletion. Then go to App Store to download and install the apps again.
To fix app keeps crashing and closing after iOS 12/11 upgrade without losing data, you can upgrade Free Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot) to Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot) Pro to fix this issue permanently.
- Click “Fix All iOS Stuck” once you connect iPhone to computer, press “Repair Now” to start troubleshooting.
- Download the firmware package to repair iOS system, you can also import manually if you have already downloaded.
- When the firmware is downloaded, click “Start Repair” to repair operating system.
The Bottom Line
After going through the 6 easy methods above, you must know how to fix app crashing on iPhone after update to iOS 12/11. If you have other problem after iOS 12/11 update, don’t hesitate to contact us.