Apple released the latest iOS 11.1 on October 31, 2017, after rolling out multiple betas. There are plenty of people who have already updated their iOS system. After having tried the latest iOS 11.1/11.0.3, people find their iPad running out of battery so fast and becoming sluggish. You may wonder what if you want to delete iOS 11 on iPad and return to the former stable iOS 11.0.1 version. 2 ways are listed here to downgrade from iOS 11.2 beta or iOS 11.1 to iOS 11.0.3/11.0.1 on iPad Pro/Air/Mini.
Before removing iOS 11, you need do some preparations:
1. Make Sure your PC is running the latest version of iTunes. You can go Help>Check for Updates to update your iTunes.
2. Back up your iPad with iTunes and archive your backup files in case of failure of downgrading. (Unfortunately, backup files created before downgrading cannot be used to restore your iPad after the uninstallation of iOS 11.1/11.0.3/11.0.2. You can extract iTunes backup files in this way.)
3. Turn off Find My iPad. Go Settings>iCloud>Find My iPad. Switch it off.
After the preparations are done, you can undertake the downgrading procedures.
1. Go IPSW and choose the model of your device, download the suitable firmware, such as iOS 11.0.1. All firmware available will be listed on the top. (Note the unsigned IPSW file cannot be used to downgrade.)
2. Connect your device to your PC. Open iTunes. Trust the PC if there is a pop-up window.
3, Go Summary, you’ll find Check for Updates. Hold Shift (for Windows) or Option (for Mac) while clicking Check for Updates.
4. Choose the iOS 11.0.1 IPSW file that you downloaded in the first step. Then Click Update in the pop-up window. Then you can wait for iTunes processing the update.
That’s it. Now you see your iPad has downgraded to iOS 11.0.1 successfully. Downgrading via iTunes can take up too much time as well as other problems, like stuck in recovery mode, apple logo,
However, many iPhone users complain that downgrading via iTunes can take up too much time as well as other problems, like stuck in recovery mode, apple logo etc. (If you get these problems, please refer to How to Fix iPhone 7/7 Plus Stuck in Recovery Mode after iOS 11 Update/Downgrade). Here comes an Option B, which can avoid stuck problems and downgrade without iTunes.
The method mentioned above is a bit complex. How to downgrade from iOS 11.2 Beta/11.1 to iOS 11.0.3 or 11.0.1 on iPad in an easier way? You can use iAnyGo to downgrade or upgrade iOS system with one click, which lets you remove iOS 11 without iTunes. It can automatically recognize the current iOS version of your device and list the firmware available for you to one-click downgrade or upgrade.
1. Connect your iPad Pro/Air/Mini to your PC and run iAnyGo.
2. Click “One-click to Downgrade iOS” if your device is running iOS 11.0.3/11.0.2/11.1/11.2 Beta, This software will show the current edition of the iOS firmware. In addition, it will display all the firmware available for downgrading. You can choose whichever edition you like.
3. Click “Download” to download iOS 11.0.1 firmware. Or click “Import” if you already have iOS 11.0.1 firmware on your PC, Once completed, click “Downgrade Now” to finish the downgrading.
That’s to say, you can realize uninstallation of iOS 11 on iPad Pro/Air/Mini with or without iTunes. Besides, these two ways can complete the removal of iOS 11.1/11.0.3/11.0.2 without any data loss. If any other problems trouble you, you can leave us a message.comments powered by Disqus