Top 3 Ways to Restore Jailbroken iPhone, iPad to Factory Settings
Factory restore is an easy task for iOS user but when come to jailbroken iPhone/iPad, it gets a little harder. Some users want to restore their device to factory settings to restore the security features and warranty that jailbroken devices void, while others want to reset jailbroken iPhone/iPad without losing jailbreak features. If you own a jailbroken iPhone or iPad and need to reset it to factory settings but not sure what’s the appropriate way of doing it, here is the right place for you.
Method 1: Restore Jailbroken iPhone, iPad to Factory Settings with iTunes
Jailbreaking your iPhone/iPad could do more damage than you bargain for. It not only remove security protections that protect your phone from hackers and malware but void your device warranty. Luckily, you can easily restore your iPhone or iPad to its factory settings to remove the jailbreak.
Note: Restoring your device will erase all the data from your device, so please take a backup of your device first.
- Make sure you’ve the latest version of iTunes installed. And launch the Settings app and navigate to iCloud. Tap the Find My iPhone On/Off toggle to disable it.
- Connect your iOS device to the computer and select your iPhone, iPad when it appears in iTunes.
- Click on the Restore button in the Summary tab. When the prompt message comes up, click ‘Restore’ again.
- Once the reset is complete, the iPhone will automatically restart. You’ll now see the Hello screen, and then you can follow the on screen prompts to set up your new iPhone.
Method 2: Restore Jailbroken iPhone, iPad to Factory Settings without Using iTunes
iTunes cannot detect your jailbroken iPhone/iPad? Reset your jailbroken iPhone but stuck on Apple logo? Here is an efficient way for you to restore jailbroken iPhone/iPad with iTunes. Firstly, you need to get Tenorshare ReiBoot, the best alternative to iTunes to restore iOS device.
- Run Tenorshare ReiBoot Pro after installing, connect your iOS device to computer with USB. On the main interface, click on Fix All iOS Stuck.
- Click “Start” and follow the wizards to put your device into recovery mode or DFU mode to get your device detected
- Once your iPhone is detected, click on Advanced Mode. This mode will completely erase the data and setting s on your device.
- Download the firmware package matching for your iPhone. It will take some time since the firmware package is around 2.5 GB.
- After downloading. Click “Start Repair” to factory restore your device. After the restore, your device will reboot automatically and you set it up as new.
Method 3: Restore Jailbroken iPhone, iPad without Losing Jailbreak
Worried that factory resetting a jailbroken iPhone/iPad might lose the jailbreak? Worry not. You can easily reset your iPhone/iPad back to factory settings while keeping the jailbreak intact with the two useful tools listed below.
Use iLEX RAT:
- iLEX RAT is Cydia app that provide Cydia with the recovery features that you need.
- Head to the Cydia store, and enter the ‘Sources’ tab.
- Initiate edit mode and tap the ‘Add’ button located in the top-left corner. In the resulting box, enter the following URL:
- Once the app is installed and fully functional you should press the iLEX RESTORE and start the restore process for your device.
Semi-Restore updated to support restore jailbroken iOS 10 iPhone, iPad back to stock condition without losing jailbreak and Cydia Tweak.
- Download this program from developer’s website. Unzip the archive you just downloaded and run the EXE file present in it.
- Connect your device to the computer via USB and wait for Semi-Restore to detect it.
- Once it recognizes your iDevice, press SemiRestore button. It takes 5 to 10 minutes to restore your iDevice firmware to stock condition.
With methods above, you can easily restore your jailbroken iPhone 7/6s/6/5s/5 and iPad Pro/Air 2/Air/4/3/2/mini 4/3/2. After resetting your iPhone, you can easily restore your iPhone from backup files. However, if you don’t have iTunes or iCloud backups, UltData - a professional and easy-to-use iOS Data recovery tool can help to recover iOS data without backup.
Get Tenorshare ReiBoot to Fix Your iOS Devices Now:
- Related Articles
- How to Quickly Fix an iPhone in Recovery Mode without Restore
- How to Fix Jailbreak Boot Loop for iPhone
- Top 3 Jailbreak Tools for iOS 10/9/8