Get the messages “ iPhone is disabled, try again in 5 minutes” or even “iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes”? If you entered the wrong passcode five times in a row, your iPhone will automatically disable itself for 1 minute, giving the “iPhone is disabled” error message on screen. And if you entered the passcode incorrectly for 10 times, your iPhone will become completely disabled and you have to restore it with iTunes.
- 5 incorrect passcode entries in a row – iPhone is disabled, try again in 1 minute
- 7 incorrect entries in a row – iPhone is disabled, try again in 5 minutes
- 8 incorrect entries in a row – iPhone is disabled, try again in 15 minutes
- 9 incorrect entries in a row – iPhone is disabled, try again in 60 minutes
- 10 incorrect passcode entries – iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes
If you are the unlucky one that iPhone is completely disabled, don’t worry; below we will share the top 3 ways for you to unlock disabled iPhone 7/7Plus/6s/6/5s/5 either with or without iTunes.
Top 1. Erase Your iPhone with iTunes
If you ever synced your iPhone with iTunes, then you’ll be able to erase your iPhone including the passcode from iTunes.
- Connect your device to the computer you synced with. Generally, iTunes will automatically sync your device and make a backup. (Remember to restore from this backup after factory restore your devcie)
- After iTunes sync and backup your device, click Restore iPhone…Click Restore again to confirm. Then iTunes erases your device and installs the latest iOS.
Top 2. Erase Your iPhone with iCloud
If you remember your Apple ID and passcode and have Find My iPhone enabled on your device. You can sign into iCloud and erase your device as well. Before starting, make sure your iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular.
- Sign in to iCloud from here: https://www.icloud.com/#find
- Click All Devices at the top of your browser window and select the device you want to erase.
- Click Erase iPhone to erase your device and its passcode.
Top 3. Fix Disabled iPhone without iTunes/iCloud
Connecting the disabled iPhone to iTunes doesn't do much of anything? Cannot erase iPhone from iCloud because Find My iPhone is turned off? Sometimes, unlocking a disabled iPhone isn't always as simple as outlined above. You need the help of the professional iOS reboot tool –Tenorshare ReiBoot. It can easily erase your iPhone and its passcode without using iTunes or iCloud.
- Run Tenorshare ReiBoot Pro after installing, connect your iPhone to computer with USB. On the main interface, click on Fix All iOS Stuck.
- Click "Start" and follow the wizards to put your device into recovery mode or DFU mode to get your device detected.
- Once your iPhone is detected, click on Advanced Mode. This mode will completely erase your device and its passcode.
- Download the firmware package matching for your iPhone. It will take some time since the firmware package is around 2.5 GB.
- After downloading. Click "Start Repair" to restore your device. After the restore, your device will reboot automatically and you set a new passcode for your iPhone.
Those are the top 3 ways to fix disabled iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7Plus/6s/6/5s/5. I hope those tips can efficiently solve your problem.