"Every time I make a call, my iPhone will cut off for a couple of seconds to a couple of minutes! Updated software to the latest version and have been suggested to change a new SIM incase that was the problem, but obviously it's not. Anyone else has seen iPhone cutting out during calls?"
Recently, some users complained that their iPhone cuts off while in a call and can hear nothing from each other. Sometimes the screen even turned black during conversation and won't wake up. Unstable signal, SIM card error and chaotic system can all lead to iPhone calls failing. Luckily, this article will tell you how to fix iPhone X/XR/XS/8/7/6s/6/5s/5 dropping calls with step-by-step guide.
- Part 1: Common Solutions to Fix iPhone Calls Switch Off
- Part 2: 100% Work for Fixing iPhone Keeps Cutting Off Calls without Data Loss
When iPhone calls cutting in and out when talking, the first thing you can do is t reboot the device. If that failed to work, follow the methods below.
Solution 1: Restart Your iPhone
If your iPhone drops calls from timr to time, there can be a minor glitch on the device. You can try to restart your iOS device to get rid of this problem easily.
If you have an iPhone X, press and hold the Side button and either volume button to get to the "slide to power off" slider. If you have the eailer iPhone brands, holding the power button to slide the screen off.
Solution 2: Enable LTE
- Launch Settings app and tap on Cellular
- Tap on Enable LTE and then select Data Only
Solution 3: Reset Network Settings
iPhone calls failing can be caused by bad network signal in many cases and you can try to reset network settings on iPhone to fix this error.
Go to settings->General, tap on Reset and then Reset Network Settings.
Solution 4: Disable Phone Noise Cancelation
- Open Settings on iPhone, head to General and then Accessibility.
- Scroll down and find Hearing Devices, tap on it and you'll see Phone Noise Cancellation option, switch it off.
Solution 5: Check For Carrier Settings Update
When you have issue with the calling or messaging, there can be something wrong with the carrier. You can check if there's a new carrier update is available. If so, update your carrier settings to the newest. To update carrier, go to Settings -> General -> About. Wait on this menu for about 15 seconds for a pop-up that says "Carrier Settings Update". If an update is available, tap Update.
Solution 6: Update iPhone Software
There's also a chance that the out-dated software that is causing iPhone dropping calls. So, you are also recommended to update the iPhone software. Just head to General -> Settings -> Software Update. Tap "Download and install" to download and install the latest software.
Sometimes your iPhone X or iPhone 6/6s keeps dropped calls due to the firmware error or system problem, you cannot get it fixed simply by resetting the network. Just try Any iOS System Repair, professional software to recover firmware by putting iPhone into and out of recovery mode. Moreover, it also specializes in fixing all kinds if iPhone system issues by repairing operating system.
- Free download Any iOS System Repair, connect iPhone to computer and run the software. Click "Enter Recovery Mode" on the main interface.
- After a while, click "Exit Recovery Mode" to put iPhone back to normal. Now your device will reboot and you can check the calls will be fine.
By far, if the problem cannot be fixed through the way of entering and exiting recovery mode, you can try to solve iPhone cutting our during calls via repairing operating system.
- Press "Repair Operating System" and then click "Repair Now" to get into a new page to download firmware package.
- Now you need to download the latest version of firmware for system repair. Click "Download" to save the package in your computer.
- When the firmware package downloaded completely, click "Start Repair" to fix system problems.
Here is the video guide about fixing the problem of iPhone cutting out during calls through repairing operating stystem.
With the effective methods we've introduced, iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/SE/6S/6 calls keep dropping out must have been fixed successfully. If you have other problems on iPhone, such as screen locked, iPhone frozen ect, this iPhone system repair software can resolve all these problems without data loss.