"i want to restore my iphone in the recovery mode but err 39 when i download the IOS software?"
"So i tried to do the newest update on my iPhone and something went wrong in the verifcation or installationand mine phone shut down and displayed the connect to itunes logo, but my phone won#t sync to my itnues. for me to restore it."
The two cases are abstracted from Apple discussions. It could be frustrated when an iPhone stuck in recovery mode and iTunes won't restore it. Either iTunes won't recognize your iPhone or iTunes shows an error message like "The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred." Luckily, there are something we can do to fix iPhone X/XR/XS/8/7/6s/6 won't restore in recovery mode. Read on and see more details to restore iPhone in recovery mode with or without iTunes.
- Part 1: Fix iPhone Won't Restore in Recovery Mode without Data Loss
- Part 2: Restore iPhone in Recovery Mode with iTunes (Data Loss)
Part 1: Fix iPhone Won't Restore in Recovery Mode without Data Loss
This is the recommended method when an iPhone stuck on iTunes logo and wont restore in iTunes, as it will restore iPhone in recovery mode without iTunes or data loss. For this, iOS System Repair wil be the best choice. This iOS fix tool is professionally designed with the purpose to fix over 50 types of iPhone/iPad/iPod issues with device data intact. Thus, you can restore iPhone and get your iPhone out of recovery mode easily by this iOS repair software.
How to Use iOS System Repair to Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode Won't Restore Problem
After installing this program on a Windows or Mac computer, please launch this program and connect your iPhone to computer. If your iPhone is stuck in recovery mode, the "Exit Recovery Mode" option is highlighted. Click it and your device will get out of recovery mode.
In case your iPhone doesnot get back to normal, you can click "Repair Operating System" to repair iOS system. This will restore iPhone and fix iOS problems without data loss.
Prior system recovery, you need to download the matching the firmware package.
Next, click "Repair Now" option to start repairing operating system.
Your device will restart after system repair. You'll find the iPhone is back to normal and d all data keep intact.
This is the best method to restore iPhone in recovery mode without itunes.
Part 2: Restore iPhone in Recovery Mode with iTunes(Data Loss)
This can be the last resort when you can't restore iPhone in recovery mode, that is, restore it in DFU/recovery mode with iTunes. Whereas, this method of fixing iPhone won't restore in recovery mode will erase all settings and data in your device. Here are the steps to proceed:
Step 1. Open iTunes and connect your iOS device to computer via USB cable.
Step 2. Force restart your iOS device with the steps bellow, but don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo, wait until the connect to iTunes screen appears:
- On an iPad Pro 11-inch or iPad Pro 12.9-inch: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Top button until your device begins to restart. Continue holding the Top button until your device goes into recovery mode.
- On iPhone 8 and later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the connect to iTunes screen.
- On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see connect to iTunes screen.
- On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the connect to iTunes screen.
Step 3. iTunes will detect your iPhone in recovery mode. Click OK button and click Restore iPhone to restore it.
After restore, you can set up iPhone as new or restore from backup.
Wrapping It Up
Hope you have fixed iPhone stuck in recovery mode won't restore error after reading this post. When iTunes won't restore iPhone in recovery mode, I recommend you to use iOS System Repair. This program can fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode, DFU mode, Apple logo, and all other iOS problems quickly without deleting your files.