The beta version of iOS 13 and the iPadOS 13 are still new and they are filled with bugs that interrupt the device working. But the good thing is that you don’t have to be stuck with the bugged version of iPadOS as you can downgrade it. In this article, we are going to learn in detail how to downgrade from iPadOS 13 to iOS 12.
- Part 1: iPadOS Downgrade Preparations
- Part 2: The Best Way to Downgrade iPadOS 13 to iOS 12
- Video Guide: How to Downgrade iPadOS Easily
- Part 3: How to Downgrade iPadOS with iTunes
- Part 4: Bonus Tips: Free iPad Backup Software: Backup iPad Data Selectively
Part 1: iPadOS Downgrade Preparations
To get rid of iPadOS beta, you will have to be prepared. Sometimes, when the steps go wrong, users end up losing all their device data without any backup. So, you should take care of the following things before you proceed on how to downgrade iPadOS public beta.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer.
- The iPad iOS 13 downgrade will erase some data on your iPad/iPhone including files and settings. So, prior to the downgrade, it will be better if you create a backup of the data and settings in advance.
- Don’t worry about the backup that you created when the iPadOS 13 is installed on the iPad. It doesn’t back up the iOS version, which means it will be safe to restore the backup on the downgraded iPad.
No matter whether you have an iPad Mini or iPad Air, the method we are going to learn will work on all the models.
Part 2: The Best Way to Downgrade iPadOS 13 to iOS 12
As you are thinking to downgrade iPad iOS 13 to iOS 12, the best help you can get is from iOS Downgrade Tool iAnyGo. It is an ultimate iOS downgrade and upgrades tool. Just one click and you will uninstall iPadOS from iPad without iTunes.
As compared to the iTunes method to downgrade iOS, this method will be easy for you. It is a simple and convenient option as the software will take care of the uninstallation entirely. If you have your doubts about this method, then you should take a look at the advantages of using iAnyGo.
- The procedure is safe and the software provides assurance that the device won’t get stuck that many users have encountered in iTunes.
- The steps are simple and you don’t even have to downgrade the iOS 12 IPSW files separately. The professional tool can do it with just a few clicks.
You can sit back and let the software do its job. From upgrading to downgrading, old iPhone to the latest iPad models, the software will take care of the device.
Step 1. Launch this program and click One-Click to Downgrade iOS section.
Step 2. This program will list all available iOS versions that are still signing for your iPad.
Step 3. Click Download button on the iOS version that you’d like to downgrade iPadOS to. It will start downloading firmware online.
Step 4. When the firmware file is downloaded successfully, you can click Downgrade Now at the bottom to install the ipsw file to your iPad.
Video Guide: How to Downgrade iPadOS Easily
Part 3: How to Downgrade iPadOS with iTunes
Using iTunes to remove iPadOS beta profile is slightly complicated. There are so many steps to remember and if you mess up just one step, then you might risk damaging your device permanently. To revert back to the standard version of iOS on your iPad, follow the steps given below:
Step 1. Luanch iTunes on your PC or Mac.
Step 2. Download the earlier IPSW file. There are many website providing the IPSW file download such as https://ipsw.me/. You have to ensure that you are downloading the compatible firmware file with your device. The inproper firmware file will lead to downgrade failure and even brick your device.
Step 3. On the Summery tab of iTunes, tap on “Restore iPad” while pressing the Shift key (Windows) or Option key (Mac) and locate the IPSW file you've downloaded in the previous step.
Step 4. After selecting the compatible firmware file, iTune will extract and verify the IPSW file you’ve imported and start installing on your iPad.
As you can see, the process is much more complex than using iAnyGo for downgrade. So, instead of going through this tough guide, it will be better is you use the more convenient method.
Part 4: Bonus Tips: Free iPad Backup Software: Backup iPad Data Selectively
As you are uninstalling iPadOS from iPad, it is advised to create a backup of the iPad. For this, you can use iTunes or iCloud but none of them offer a complete backup option of the device including all app data. Therefore, you should take help from third-party free iPad backup software such as Any Data Manager. This tool offers more flexible backup choices. You can selectively backup your files.
The Bottom Line
Now you know two methods on how to remove iPadOS beta from the iPad. The decision is completely yours. You can choose the iTunes and be stuck with a procedure that might waste your half-day for downgrade. Or you can be smart and use iOS Downgrade Tool iAnyGo to downgrade iPadOS 13 without iTunes. It will be quick and you won’t lose data which is obviously a better choice.