Accidently deleted important document on your PC? Computer crash suddenly caused tons of files lost? Rushed to the recycle bin but still can't find the lost data? It's happened to most of us. Luckily, you still have a chance to undelete lost files until new data write. Now follow my way and see how to undelete a file on Windows 10/8.1/8/7 quickly and safely.
Is It Possible to Undelete Files?
Yes, it is. The files you deleted or even formatted won't be erased immediately. They will stay on the file system until new file occupy its space. That's to say, if there are no files are saved, you can probably recover lost files. Though these files still exist, they are inaccessible for regular users. You can only undelete them with some Windows undeleted files software or undelete freeware.
How to Undelete Files with Professional File Undelete Tool
A professional undeleted program like File Undelete Tool can easily help you undelete files lost due various reasons on a NTFS (1.0 and 2.0), FAT32, FAT16 or FAT12 file systems. Remember to stop any activity on the disk you are going to undelete files from to avoid any data overwritten. Now let's see the details.
Note: Free Undelete Tool supports you recover deleted files on PC free but only limits to recover data up to 500MB.
Firstly, free download and install it on the computer you have data lost.
Supported File Undeleted Situations:
- Undelete files you emptied from recycle bin
- Recover files deleted using Shift + Delete keys bypassing Recycle Bin.
- Recover files deleted from the DOS command prompt.
- Recovers files deleted when you use Move or Cut command.
- Restore files deleted accidentally from a network share.
- Recovers files deleted by viruses attack.
Steps to Perform Files Undelete on Windows
Now follow my way to restore recently deleted files with powerful File Undelete Tool.
1. Launch File Undelete Tool. Select the file types you want to recover to save the scanning time. Click Next to select the location of your lost data.
2. Click "Scan" button to scan the selected disk. This program will automatically find all your target files.
3. After scan, you can see all your lost files listed by file type, folder structure and time, you are free to preview them and select out those you want. Then, click "Recover" button to get lost files back.
Note: Don't save recovered files on the hard disk you lost files to avoid data overwriting.
That's all for undeleting files on Windows. However, in some situations, undelete software may be unable to recover files after deletion due to overwriting, cross linking or other reasons. Thus, it is important to backup Windows regularly.