"I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows 8.1. Yesterday my laptop suddenly crashed. When I reboot it, some important files lost from the notebook. Is it possible to recover lost files from crashed Toshiba laptop? "
A lot of readers have asked me this question. Thus, today I will focus on this issue talking about how to recover data from Toshiba laptop hard drive free.
- Method 1: Recover Lost Files on Toshiba Laptop with File History in Windows 8/8.1
- Method 2: Recover Data on Toshiba Hard Disk with Free Toshiba Laptop Data Recovery
Windows 8.1/8 File History regularly backs up versions of your files in the Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos, and Desktop folder on your PC. If you accidently delete or format files on your Toshiba laptop, you can easily step back with File History.
Note: Files History in Windows 8.1/8 needs to be set up and configured first. If you haven't set up a File History, skip to Method 2.
1. Go to Control Panel > File History and click "Restore Personal Files" on the left sidebar.
2. To restore all or selected folders to their original locations, right click to select all folders or use Ctrl and left mouse click to select or deselect individual folders. Click the Restore button at the bottom of the window.
3. To restore a selected folder(s) to a different location, select the folders and right click over the Restore button, click on Restore to. Select a new location to restore the files to.
Computer crashes suddenly and cause heavy data loss? Carelessly deleted important files? Accidently formatted the partition you didn't intend to? Don't worry! Your deleted files are still stored on your laptop but inaccessible for regular user. Free Any Data Recovery is design to recover lost files from Toshiba laptop due to formatting, deletion, system error, hard drive crash, virus infection.
It is capable to retrieve photos, videos, audio files, documents, emails and many other file types from your Toshiba laptop's hard drive as well as Toshiba external hard drive, USB flash drive, memory card, etc. To start Toshiba data recovery, download this program on your Toshiba laptop but not the partition you lost files.
Note: This free Toshiba data recovery works on Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista and supports Toshiba Satellite series, Protégé series, KIRA series, and TECRA series.
1. Launch the program and select the file types you want to recover and the disk stored your lost files. If you lost your partition, select "Lost Disk Drives". Click "Scan" to scan the selected disk to find all your target files automatically.
2. After scan, the program will list all your lost files. You can preview them before recovery. Finally click "Recover" button to get them back. Please save all the recovered files on another disk to avoid further data overwriting.
So, we have introduced 2 methods for you to restore data from Toshiba laptop. If you have a file-recovery tip, technique, or tool you're dying to share. Sound off in the comments and help your fellow readers get their data back.