"I bought my computer that comes with windows 7 home basic less than 1 year now. When I was writing something last night, the computer crashed suddenly and won't boot up. Since there are much important files in my hard disk, I'm really urgent to know how to recover data from hard drive after computer crash?"
- Microsoft Community
With high security, better stability and user-friendly interface, more and more people choose to install Windows 7 on their computer. But recently, some users complained that Windows 7 crashes and freezes after sleep, startup or update, makes all the files become inaccessible. To help users recover data from crashed Windows 7 and boot the computer, here we'll list you 2 professional data recovery software. Follow the post and try to get back all your lost files from corrupted Windows 7 system quickly.
- Method 1: Boot Computer and Retrieve Lost Files from Windows 7 with Data Recovery WinPE
- Method 2: Retrieve Data from Damaged Hard Drive on Windows 7 with Any Data Recovery
Data Recovery WinPE is professional Windows data recovery software to boot computer from various crashing situations (including Windows 7 crashes and blue screen/black screen/randomly restarts and etc.) and recover lost documents with ease.
1. Download and install Data Recovery WinPE in another bootable computer. Run the program and click "Browse" to import ISO image files, choose CD/DVD or USB to start burning.
2. Insert the burned CD/DVD/USB drive to the unbootable computer. Run it and press "F2", "F10" or "Delete" to enter BIOS setup.
3. After booting up the computer, you will see the interface of Data Recovery WinPE. Choose "RAW Recovery" to scan and recover lost files from crashed Windows 7 within minutes.
When Windows 7 crashed during update, completing installation or browsing internet, try to boot to Safe Mode and Run System Restore, then recover deleted or lost files.
Hit F8 about once a second until you get the menu and select Safe Mode. Click Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
After you restoring to the former restore point, download Any Data Recovery to your computer and then follow the steps to retrieve lost files from Windows 7 hard drive.
1. Run Any Data Recovery Pro and tick the file types you want to recover. Then click "Next" button to move on.
2. Specify the disk where your data lost and click "Scan" button, the program will quickly detect the targeted disk to find all appeared documents.
3. After scanning, all the recoverable files are listed by category. You can preview the detailed file and select out those you want, click "Recover" to save them another disk that is different from the original place to avoid data overwriting.
Now you have known how to recover files from corrupted Windows 7 and boot the freezing computer clearly. If this post really helped you, please share it with your friends!