One of the worst things that can happen to you is getting your hard drive crashed. When that happens, you sometimes just have no way to get any of your data back as all of your data has lost with the drive.
However, there are cases when you can recover the data from a crashed HDD as long as it can be connected to your PC. If it shows up on your PC but it just doesn’t show any data, then there are chances that the data that was there on it before can be recovered using a recovery tool.
In this guide, we are going to walk you through the steps to recover data from a crashed HDD on your PC. Let’s do it and hope for the best.
Recuva is a famous free data recovery program that designed to recover pictures, music, documents, videos, emails or any other file type from memory cards, external hard drives, USB sticks damaged drives and more. In this method, you are going to use this free recovery tool to help you recover files from a crashed HDD on your PC.
1. Head over to the Recuva app website and download and install the app on your PC.
2. Launch the app once it’s installed on your PC. If it opens in the wizard mode, disable the mode and then restart the app so that it opens in advanced mode.
3. When the app opens in advanced mode, click on Options and then select the tab that says Actions. Click on Scan for non-deleted files and hit OK. You will see the list of files that can be recovered from your crashed HDD.
If Recuva didn’t find the files you wanted, then you may consider Any Data Recovery, a professional hard drive data recovery tool that can recover data from all kinds of hard disk drives when it is crashed or corrupted due to virus infection, bad sectors and more. In this method, you are going to use an app called Any Data Recovery by Tenorshare that helps you recover any of your deleted data.
1. Download and install the app on your PC. Open the app once it’s installed on your PC and select the types of files you would like to recover.
2. On the following screen, you will be asked where the lost files were saved. Here, you need to choose the crashed HDD as that’s where the files were stored. Choose it and click on Next.
3. On the following screen, click on the button that says Scan to begin to scan the HDD to recover files. After a while, the files that can be recovered will be shown in the app. Checkmark all the files that you wish to recover and click on Recover to begin recovering those files.
So, that was how you could recover data from a crashed internal/external hard disk. No matter for what reasons you hard drive crashed, you can easily get lost files back with Any Data Recovery.