If you are in a situation where you have either forgotten your Google account password or someone has stolen your account and you can’t get in, then what you need to do is recover your Google account.
By recovering your account, you are gaining access to your account just like you did before. Google offers various ways to help you get back your account and the following guide shows the most simplest way to recover your Google or, in other words, Gmail password.
Here you go, folks:
If you have linked your phone number to your Google account, you will be able to use it to recover your account. Note that if you have not accessed your account for 9 months or more, Gmail may have considered your account as abandoned and may have deleted it from the server. In this case, account recovery is no longer possible.
1. Open a browser on your PC and head over to the Accounts page on the Google website. Once the page loads, enter in your Gmail email address whose password you want to recover.
If you don’t remember your email address, click on Find my account and it will help you to find your Gmail account.
2. On the following screen, you will be asked to enter in the last password you remember. If you remember the last password, enter it in here as it will help Google to get you back your account.
In case you don’t remember your last password, click on the link that says Try a different question to use another method to recover your account.
3. If a phone number is linked to your account, Google will offer you to send a text message with a code to your phone. If that’s fine for you, click on Send text message and Google will send you a code for you to verify your identity.
4. If you don’t have a phone number in your Google account, you can then use one of the backups codes you had received from Google. Enter one of those and Google should help you recover your account.
5. Once you are done with any of the above methods, you will have access to your Google account and your account should be recovered.
So, that was how you could recover the password Google account, then you can now go ahead and use that password to gain access to your Google account. Besides password, data loss is also an issue troubled many users. If you have any data lost on PC/Mac, here we recommend Any Data Recovery and Any Data Recovery for Mac to help you recover photos, videos, music, documents and other 550+ formats files from PC, Mac hard drives and other external storage media.