One thing that many people don’t like while switching phones is loss of data. When you upgrade from your current phone and move to a new one, you will definitely want all of your data on the new phone. Most people prefer their WhatsApp conversations moved to their new device as well.
Fortunately, there are multiple ways to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to Android phones. Let’s check out a few:
Method 1: Transfer WhatsApp Messages Using Local Backups
With the local backups feature, you don’t need to upload or download your backups from the cloud as these are available locally on your device. You can backup WhatsApp from Android to Android phones by simply creating a backup on one device and restoring it on another. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch the WhatsApp app on your Android device and tap on three dots in the top-right corner and select Settings.
- When the settings screen opens, tap on the option that says Chats to open chats settings.
- Tap on Chat backup on the following screen to open the chat backup settings menu.
- On the screen that follows, make sure the Back up to Google Drive option is set to Never. Then, tap on the button that says Back Up to start backing up your WhatsApp messages.
- Install the WhatsApp app on your new phone and connect both of your phones to your computer. Copy the /sdcard/WhatsApp/ folder from the old phone and paste it into the same directory on the new phone.
Now all that you need to do is launch the WhatsApp app on your new phone and tap on Restore when prompted and all of your chat history will become available on your new phone.
Method 2: Move WhatsApp Messages Using Google Drive Backup
If you would like to move WhatsApp from Android to Android phone using cloud storage, you can do that using the Google Drive backup feature available in the WhatsApp app. The following shows how to do that:
- Launch the WhatsApp app on your old phone and head to Settings > Chats > Chat backup. On this screen, tap on Back up to Google Drive and select Only when I tap “Back up”.
- Then, tap on the green Back Up button on your screen and your chat conversations will begin to back up to your Google Drive storage. When it’s done, you may exit out of the WhatsApp app on your device.
- Install the WhatsApp app on your new Android device and make sure you’re using the same phone number and same Google account that you were using on your old Android phone. After installation, you’ll be asked if you’d like to restore your chat history. Tap on Restore.
Your chat history will be restored from your Google Drive WhatsApp backup.
Recover WhatsApp Messages on Your Android Device
If you have lost any of your WhatsApp content and you would like to recover it, there’s a great app that can do that for you. It’s called Tenorshare WhatsApp Recovery that lets you recover as well as your WhatsApp media content on your device.
It’s quite easy to use the app and it can be obtained from its official website. Once it’s installed, you’re all set to recover your messages.
If you have bought a new Android phone, we are sure the above guide will help you to transfer WhatsApp history from Android to Android - meaning from your old Android phone to your new Android phone. Plus, you got to know about a nice little app called WhatsApp Recovery that helps users recover their lost WhatsApp data.