One thing that many people don't like while switching phones is loss of data. When you upgrade from your current phone and move to a new one, you will definitely want all of your data on the new phone. Most people prefer their WhatsApp conversations moved to their new device as well.
Fortunately, there are multiple ways to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to Android phones. Let's check out a few:
- Way 1: One Click to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to Andriod without Backup
- Way 2: Transfer WhatsApp Messages from Android to Android Using Local Backups
- Way 3: Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to Andriod Using Google Drive Backup
Way 1: One Click to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to Andriod without Backup
WhatsApp provide some other ways to get old whatsapp messages on new phone, but here I will recommend a powerful Android WhatsApp transfer software that can move WhatsApp from Andriod to Andriod with one click. Your WhatsApp chats and attachments, WhatsApp contacts, and WhatsApp call history will be transferred to your new Samsung S10 in a few minutes. Let's see how it works to transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Samsung.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Chat from Android to Android
Download and install this program on your PC or Mac computer, and then follow the steps below to move WhatsApp from Android to Android.
- Step 1 Launch this program and select "WhatsApp Transfer" section on the top menus.
Step 2 Connect both Android devices to computer. Make sure that the left side is source device, and the right side is the target device.
Step 3 Follow the onscreen screen tips to enable USB debugging on both devices.
Step 4 When both device are detected, click Transfer button to continue.
Step 5 Wait for the transfer process to complete. The transfer time depends on your WhatsApp size.
Step 6 Now the WhatsApp transfer on Android phone has completed. All you need is to follow the onscreen instructions to view the transferred data in the targeted device.
You may also interest in:
Way 2: Transfer WhatsApp Messages from Android to Android Using Local Backups
With the local backups feature, you don't need to upload or download your backups from the cloud as these are available locally on your device. You can backup WhatsApp from Android to Android phones by simply creating a backup on one device and restoring it on another. Here's how to do it:
1. Launch the WhatsApp app on your Android device and tap on three dots in the top-right corner and select Settings.
- 2. When the settings screen opens, tap on the option that says Chats to open chats settings.
3. Tap on Chat backup on the following screen to open the chat backup settings menu.
4. On the screen that follows, make sure the Back up to Google Drive option is set to Never. Then, tap on the button that says Back Up to start backing up your WhatsApp messages.
- Install the WhatsApp app on your new phone and connect both of your phones to your computer. Copy the /sdcard/WhatsApp/ folder from the old phone and paste it into the same directory on the new phone.
Now all that you need to do is launch the WhatsApp app on your new phone and tap on Restore when prompted and all of your chat history will become available on your new phone.
Way 3: Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to Andriod Using Google Drive Backup
If you would like to move WhatsApp from Android to Android phone using cloud storage, you can do that using the Google Drive backup feature available in the WhatsApp app. The following shows how to do that:
1. Launch the WhatsApp app on your old phone and head to Settings > Chats > Chat backup. On this screen, tap on Back up to Google Drive and select Only when I tap "Back up".
2. Then, tap on the green Back Up button on your screen and your chat conversations will begin to back up to your Google Drive storage. When it's done, you may exit out of the WhatsApp app on your device.
3. Install the WhatsApp app on your new Android device and make sure you're using the same phone number and same Google account that you were using on your old Android phone. After installation, you'll be asked if you'd like to restore your chat history. Tap on Restore.
Your chat history will be restored from your Google Drive WhatsApp backup.
The Bottom Line
If you have bought a new Android phone, we are sure the above guide will help you to complete WhatsApp data transfer from Android to Android. Android WhatsApp transfer software offers a one click method to copy WhatsApp data from Android to Android phone quickly.