“I've tried using RecBoot on three PCs, but I receive the same error message of an unhandled exception. I think it may be a computer issue because a few months ago, I was able to use the program. Anyone knows how to fix unhandled exception error on window? I'm trying to avoid restoring my iPhone.”
RecBoot is a free and effective tool to fix iPhone recovery mode stuck. But recently, some people said when they tried to run RecBoot on computer, a message saying “unhandled exception error has occurred in your application”. The reasons for this problem can be lack of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 component or something wrong with the RecBoot itself. This post has gathered you 2 easy ways to fix RecBoot unhandled exception error efficiently.
- Solution 1: Install or Repair Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Component
- Solution 2: Disable ALG.exe File and Delete It from Task Manager
- Solution 3: Use RecBoot Alternative to Avoid Unhandled Exception Error
You are likely to see the unhandled exception error message if the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 component is not installed on your computer or if it is damaged. Thus, the first fix is to install or repair the component.
- Close RecBoot and other running programs, click the “Start” button and choose “Control panel”
- Double-click “Uninstall a program” under “Programs” option
- Search the list of currently installed programs for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 If the program appears in the list, select it and then click “Change/Remove”. Select “Repair” and then click “Next”
If the program isn’t in the list, download it from Microsoft and then install on your computer.
If the error message still appears on your computer after trying the method above, check the file ALG.exe in Task Manager. It seems that this is a virus from Sornsoft having a description of CPAX20 and delete the file from Task Manager will fix this error.
- Open “Task Manager” and go to Processes Tab
- Locate ALG.exe and Right-Click on it, select "End Process"
- Go to C:/Program files/Common Files to delete the file ALG.exe
Update the program is usually another way to fix unhandled exception error on Windows 10/8/8.1/7, but there seems no new update available for RecBoot for several years. That’s why you should try the best RecBoot alternative - Tenorshare ReiBoot to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode for free.
- Download and install Tenorshare ReiBoot on your computer, run the program and connect your iOS device. Once your device is detected, click “Exit Recovery Mode” with one click
- Your iPhone will run normally after seconds. If there still any stuck problems, click “Fix All iOS Stuck” to repair operating system completely
Well, with the 3 methods shown above, you have a clear picture of how to fix Microsoft .Net framework error unhandled exception when using RecBoot. If you still have any other questions, leave us a message below.