How to Recover Data from USB Flash Drive?
As the sheer volume of data that need to be managed increases, so does the opportunity to lose data. Consequently, more and more people take positive attitude to have data backup plan to avoid data loss. Most of them are likely to copy their crucial data on the portable device such as USB flash drive. But what if they lost data from USB flash drive, how should they do to recover data from USB flash drive?
How to Recover Files from USB Flash Drive in Windows?
In this case, a reliable USB data recovery program can help you get out of this dilemma. USB flash drive recovery software is the very one that empowers you to recover deleted, formatted, lost data from USB flash drive in Windows 8, 7, XP and Vista.
Below are the easy steps:
- Step 1. Download & install & run this USB data recovery program. Insert your USB flash drive into your PC.
- Step 2. To recover deleted files, choose "Deleted Recovery"; To recover files from formatted USB flash drive, select "Format Recovery". Select you flash drive from the partition list. For Format Recovery, you need to select the file system which your flash drive used before recovering data from USB flash drive .
- Step 3. Click "Scan". A window-explorer-like window appears. Unfold the folders in the left column and highlight the folders you would like to recover, then the files are listed on the left pane. Choose the ones you need to recover.
- Step 4. Click "Recover" to initiate the recovery. You are requested to specify a location on your hard drive, or other portable device .
- Step 5. Click "OK" to finish USB flash drive recovery.
How to Recover Files from USB Flash Drive on Mac OS X?
If you are using Mac OS, you can try Mac USB Drive Recovery. The instructions of how to recover USB data on Mac are super simple and fast: First, select recovery mode. Second, select USB and file type, and then click "Scan". Third, select the files you need to recover from USB. Fourth, save them on your computer.
How to Prevent Data Loss after USB Data Recovery?
Therefore, we can conclude that keeping backups for data in one storage device is not safe enough. Because sometimes an evil chance seldom comes alone. You had better secure your files by having a third, even fourth backup of it to increase your chances for being able to recover data from USB flash drive.
- Method 1: Back up your files on other portable storages such as zip disk, external hard drive.
- Method 2: Use online storage service with the "Cloud" technology.
- Method 3: Copy an entire hard drive to CD, DVD or second hard drive.
- Method 4: Send yourself Emails with attachments (contain your crucial files). This method suits for backing up smaller files.
If catastrophic data loss actually happens, try flash drive recovery software to recover data from USB flash drive. Next time, don't let the advice above fall on deaf ears. Back up your data regularly.
Download Data Recovery Professional to Rescue your Data:comments powered by Disqus