That PC won't boot is the last thing every computer user wants. You're ready to get your compute on, but when you press the power button on your PC, nothing happens. Maybe the screen stays blank, or maybe it shows a blinking cursor and nothing else. Nightmare scenarios race through your mind: big repair bill? Lost data? Or buy a new PC?
Don't frustrate! All is properly not lost - At least, not now. In other words, your music, documents, emails, and videos are probably safe - just not accessible at the moment. Here is what you need to do if your computer won't start:
Part I: Figure out How Your PC is Acting when Windows Boot Failure happens
1. Computer shows no sign of power: You may or may not see a light on the back of your computer depending on the kind of power supply you have and the exact cause of the problem.
2. Computer turns on…then off: You'll probably hear the fans inside your computer, see the lights on the front of your computer, and then it will all stop. You won't see anything on the monitor and you may or may not hear beeps from the computer before it shuts off by itself.
3. Computer powers on but nothing happens: The power lights will stay on, you'll likely hear the fans inside your PC running, and you may or may not hear one or more beeps coming from the computer. Yes, your hard drive won't boot at all.
4. Computer stops or continuously reboots during the POST: Your computer powers on, shows at least something on the monitor, but then stops, freezes, or computer keeps rebooting over and over again during the Power On Self Test.
5. Windows begins to load but stops or reboots on a BSOD: Your computer begins to load Windows but then stops and displays a blue screen with information on it then try these steps. You may or may not see the Windows splash screen before the blue screen appears.
6. Windows begins to load but stops or reboots without an error: Your computer powers on, starts to load Windows, but then freezes, stops, or reboots over and over again without generating any kind of error message.
7. Windows repeatedly returns to the advanced boot options screen: Nothing but the Advanced Boot Options screen appears every time your restart your computer and none of the Windows startup options work.
8. Windows stops or reboots on or after the login screen: Your computer powers on, Windows shows the login screen, but then freezes, stops, or reboots here or anytime after.
9. Computer doesn't fully start because of an error message: Your computer turns on but then stops or freezes at any point, showing an error message of any kind.
Part II: How to Fix it if a PC won't Start
Fix Genius is a smart utility that enables you to easily create a Rescue Boot Disc (or USB drive) that you can use later to fully fix all the computer boot issues mentioned above. It works when Windows 8 won't boot , Windows 7 won't boot, Windows XP won't boot, Windows Vista won't boot, and etc. It provides a task-driven interface that is easy yet effective for every level of computer users including computer novice. What you are waiting for? Try it now if your Windows won't start attacks you.
Fix computer booting issues, backup & restore Windows system, repair crashed, corrupted Windows, recover lost data, partition or clone disk, find forgotten Windows password & Office product key and do much more under Microsoft WinPE environment.