How to Merge Partitions without Losing Data
I formatted an old Windows 7 partition that I no longer needed. How can I merge it with my current Windows 8 partition? It's on the same HDD of course, and I would like to have the extra room for Windows 8 if I could.
A partition stores numerous important system files and other important files, thus you must do it very careful when you want to merge Windows partitions.
Free Trial "Partition Manager" to Reasonably Use Your Partition:
Merge Windows Partitions (including Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP)
Merge partitions may be a hard task if you want to do it all by yourself. Now that you could seek help from a software tool, it would become much easier. Partition Manager must be your best choice. The small utility offers basic functions such as creating, deleting, and formatting partitions, along with advanced ability to extend, shrink and copy partitions. Also we could successfully merge disk partitions if we combine some of the functions of this tool. Follow me to see how I merge partitions Windows 7 with 5 steps.
- Step I. Download and install Partition Manger in your computer. Launch the program, and below is the interface of the program. We are about to merge two partitions – partition H and F.
- Steps II. Move your mouse to partition H, select this partition by left click your mouse. Then click "Delete" on the top of the tool bar. This done, all data in this partition would be completely wiped. If you have important data in this partition, make a copy before you delete it. In the demo we show you how to merge partitions FAT, if you delete partition F we could merge partition NTFS.
- Step III. When step II finishes, you will see that partition H just disappears and is replaced by an unallocated space in the hard drive. Check partition F, and then choose "Move/Resize" options from the tool bar.
- Step IV. Drag the slide bar to the left end. And then click "OK" to confirm this move.
- Step V. All this done you will find that you have successfully merge partitions windows 7, and partition F is now with a bigger size. Click "Apply" to save all the changes to your hard drive.
Besides merge partitions windows 8 and merge partitions windows 7, you are also allowed to use Partition Manger to merge partitions in Windows XP. The easy-to-use tool is really a loyal manager of your partitions, right?
Free Trial or Purchase Tenorshare Partition Managercomments powered by Disqus