2 Easy Ways to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Computer
No matter whether you are using Yahoo, Address Book, Outlook express, or other online services or not to help store your iPhone contacts, finding out some ways to transfer contacts from iPhone 5/4S/4/3GS to computer is a necessity. If you don’t have those online accounts, you can copy contacts from iPhone to computer in case you accidently deleted or lost them somehow. Or even you get those online services, you can also transfer contacts from iPhone to computer as a sort of an offline backup copy.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone 5/4S/43GS to Computer on Windows or Mac?
There are 2 simple and efficient ways to help you transfer iPhone contacts to computer: using iTunes to sync or letting iPhone Data Recovery to help you freely transfer iPhone contacts to PC without iTunes. You can select one of them as you like.
Transfer contacts from iPhone to PC with iTunes
Using iTunes to import contacts from iPhone to computer is a good method, since iTunes can help to store your iPhone contacts and other files on your PC. However, it also contains some limitations, such as you cannot view the detailed contacts, and iTunes can delete old contents you have backed up from previous Apple devices, which are complained about by lots of users. Even worse is that it cannot extract and transfer the deleted contacts on your iPhone which are not really gone. If you prefer to transfer iPhone contacts to computer without iTunes, then go to iPhone Data Recovery in the next content.
Here is how to use iTunes for contact transfer.
- Run iTunes and connect your iPhone devices to computer. Note: Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes. You can click Help and Check for updates in iTunes.
- Click the iPhone icon under Devices and click the info tab from the list that comes up on your main iTunes screen.
- Windows users select "Sync Contacts with"; Mac users opt for "Sync Address Book Contacts".
- Choose to sync all of your contacts or only select groups to transfer to computer.
- Click "Apply" to start transferring.
Then iTunes will sync with your iPhone devices and your contacts would be transferred into computer.
Transfer iPhone contacts to computer without iTunes
iPhone Data Recovery can extract iPhone files to allow you preview contacts in details and freely select any wanted ones in order to transfer iPhone contacts to computer running Windows OS, like Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, etc. Even when you deleted or lost contacts on your Apple iPhone, you can also use this program to transfer them to your PC for backup. Here is how to transfer contacts from iPhone to computer with iPhone Data Recovery.
Free Trial iPhone Data Recovery for Windows and Mac Software:
Run iPhone Data Recovery and connect iPhone to PC. Select "Recover Data from iOS Device" and click "Start Scan" to scan your iPhone devices. Note: There is no need to put iPhone 5/4S into DFU mode. Click here to see iPhone 4/3GS DFU mode.
Optionally choose contacts to preview, select the wanted ones and click "Recover".
• Select a folder to transfer the contacts onto your computer. You can save the contacts in the form of Excel in your PC so that you can clearly view any of them in detail.
You can try either of the 2 methods as you like. If you are Mac users, go for iPhone Data Recovery for Mac, which fully supports you to transfer iPhone contacts to Mac computer on OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.7, 10.6, 10.5, etc.
Free Download Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery Tools:comments powered by Disqus
- How to Recover iPhone
- Recover iOS 7 Lost Data
- Recover Message from iPhone
- Recover Photos from iPhone
- Recover Notes from iPhone
- Recover Contacts from iPhone
- Recover Call History from iPhone
- Recover Photo from iPhone
- Transfer iPhone Contacts to PC
- Free iPhone Data Recovery
- Backup iPhone without iTunes
- Unlock iPhone Backup
- Restore Contacts after Upgrading iOS 7