Backup iPhone 5S with 3 Easy Solutions
I beg you have the same concern with me: worried about data loss on iPhone 5S since the files mean a lot to us. Why not backup your iPhone 5s to protect your data?
In This article, I’d like to share with you the most useful methods I have tried to backup iPhone 5S.
Backup iPhone 5S in Case of Data Loss
First of all, let’s figure out why we need to backup our devices. Backing up your iPhone 5S is the first and most important way to avoid data loss due to the following reasons:
- 1. You accidently deleted some important data by pressing wrong buttons.
- 2. You restore iPhone 5S to its original factory settings.
- 3. iOS update.
- 4. Improper operation during jailbreak or jailbreak failure.
- 5. Your iPhone 5S is lost, stolen, damaged (water damaged).
- 6. File corruption, or firmware corruption.
- 7. Virus attack.
- 8. Forget iPhone 5S screen lock password.
- 9. iPhone 5S is stuck in Apple white/black screen of death.
- 10. Inaccessible system error.
There are many other scenarios in which you need to backup iPhone 5S. Follow the solutions introduced below to backup all the data for your device.
How to Backup iPhone 5S to Computer, external Hard Drive, iTunes, or iCloud?
From various methods I tried to backup iPhone 5S, I have found out the best 3 ones: iPhone Data Recovery, iTunes, and iCloud. I would like to specify how I successfully backup my iPhone 5S.
1. Backup iPhone 5S with iPhone Data Recovery
Using iPhone Data Recovery is the top 1 solution I found to backup iPhone 5S to computer or the external hard drive to prevent losing data. With powerful and professional data recovery function, this software helps me backup all the important iPhone 5S data, including photos (camera roll), text messages (iMessages), contacts, notes, call history, videos, Safari bookmarks, voice memos and other files in the readable formats, say the text contents in .txt, .xls, .xml and media contents in their original formats. Besides, it can help me backup iPhone 5S without password when I forget what it is.
Here is how to backup iPhone 5S with iPhone Data Recovery. You can backup all data to the drive of your computer running Windows 8/7/XP/Vista. If you want to backup iPhone 5S to an external hard drive, plug your hard drive into computer first.
Free Trial iPhone Data Recovery for Windows and Mac Software:
- 1. Connect iPhone 5S to computer via a USB cable and run iPhone Data Recovery.
- 2. Since "Recover Data from iOS Device" is selected by default, you just need to click "Start Scan".
- 3. In the scanning result, select any data to preview. Then choose the files you want to backup and click "Recover".
- 4. In the pop-up window, select a save folder from your computer hard drives or from the external hard drive you plug in previously to start backing up iPhone 5S.
2. Backup iPhone 5S with iTunes
I also tried to backup iPhone 5S to iTunes. This is a nice tip. However, if you want to have a go with iTunes, you need to note that the backup files for your iPhone 5S are unreadable since iTunes backup data into SQLITEDB files. You will not have access to these backup files when your iPhone 5S is lost or damaged. To be honest, I prefer iPhone Data Recovery more than iTunes. Here are 2 ways to backup iPhone 5S with iTunes.
- 1. Sync with iTunes. It will generate a backup file automatically.
- 2. Click iPhone 5S button in the upper right corner to open the iOS device’s Summary tab, and click "Back Up Now".
3. Backup iPhone 5S with iCloud
Another good way I tried to backup iPhone 5S is to use iCloud. But there are some limitations: only 5GB storage in iCloud is free, not all the data on iPhone 5S are backed up (only the purchased music, pictures and videos in the camera roll. SMS/MMS messages, app data, device settings). Again, I highly recommend iPhone Data Recovery to you if you want to backup all the precious data on your iPhone 5S.
iCloud will automatically backup your iPhone 5S is iCloud Backup is enable. To enable iCloud, you can go to Settings > iCloud > Backup & Storage on your device. Then the backup runs automatically every day when:
- iPhone 5S is connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi
- iPhone 5S is connected to the charger
- iPhone 5S screen is locked.
Alternatively, you can backup iPhone 5S manually: select Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Back Up Now.
These are the 3 ways I pick out for you from the mass to backup iPhone 5S. Anyway, not all of us can get the chance to backup our device before data loss every time. Connect with us if you want to recover iPhone 5S data without backup.
Free Download Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery Tools:comments powered by Disqus
- How to Recover iPhone
- Recover iOS 7 Lost Data
- Recover Message from iPhone
- Recover Photos from iPhone
- Recover Notes from iPhone
- Recover Contacts from iPhone
- Recover Call History from iPhone
- Recover Photo from iPhone
- Transfer iPhone Contacts to PC
- Free iPhone Data Recovery
- Backup iPhone without iTunes
- Unlock iPhone Backup
- Restore Contacts after Upgrading iOS 7