Have you typed "How to backup iPhone 5S pictures" in the Google search box for many times? To backup iPhone 5S photos to computer (PC/Mac) or other external hard drive, you don't need to waste time and energy any more, because in this article you can learn the all-round information about iPhone 5S photos backup.
Reasons Why You Need to Backup iPhone 5S Photos
First of all, let's figure out the reasons why you need to backup photos from iPhone 5S.
1. You may delete important pictures by pressing wrong buttons or lose iPhone 5S camera roll due to firmware corruption, jailbreak failure, factory settings restore, iOS update, virus attack, etc. Thus backing up all photos from iPhone 5S can avoid data loss if these scenarios happen.
2. The space in the iPhone 5S memory is limited and it cannot store as many pictures as you like, so you can backup the entire photo library from iPhone 5S to computer or an external hard drive and then delete some on your device to save more space for the next photos.
3. iTunes also can backup iPhone 5s photos. But iTunes backup files is unreadable. You can't backup iPhone 5s with iTunes to .jpg files. iCloud only have 5G free space for all your data.
Ways to Backup Photos from iPhone 5S to Computer – Figure out the Best Way for You
Many of you may have noticed that to backup photos from iPhone 5S to iTunes automatically is not workable because these backups in iTunes are unreadable database and files. In fact, there are 3 ways to backup iPhone 5S photos without iTunes: iPhone Data Recovery, AutoPlay, and iCloud Photo Stream. Among them, iPhone Data Recovery is the best one. Let me explain in details.
Part 1. The Best Way to Backup Photos from iPhone 5S to PC without iTunes
iPhone Data Recovery Software is the best method to backup/find all iPhone 5S pictures to PC or even to an external hard drive. With powerful performance, this software allows you to preview and check the pictures before backup, and then helps you backup all iPhone 5S photos (including the deleted or lost ones, and the current ones) in their original formats to your computer. From the feedback of iOS users, iPhone Data Recovery is safe to your photos and device with 100% backup rate. Download and run it on your computer running Windows 8/7/XP/Vista. If you want to backup iPhone 5S pics to an external hard drive, plug it into your computer first.
Download Any iPhone 6/5/4/3GS Data Recovery Software:
Part 2. Other Ways to Backup Pictures from iPhone 5S to PC without iTunes
1. AutoPlay. When you connect your iPhone 5S to Windows computer, the AutoPlay window will appear and allow you to import pictures and videos to your PC. (There is a similar function called iPhoto on Mac)
Warnings: This method only allows you to backup the photos taken with the built-in camera of your iPhone 5S, and it will delete the photos on your device without permission if the option of erasing after coping is on. If you find some photos are left, use iPhone Data Recovery softwrare .
Conclusion: Using AutoPlay to backup photos from iPhone 5S to PC is not the best option since it cannot backup all pictures.
2. iCloud Photo Scream. This little app also helps to backup iPhone 5S pictures to PC, but you need an iCloud account and the photos are only stored in iCloud for 30 days.
Final conclusion: Compared with the other 2 ways, iPhone Data Recovery is your best choice to copy camera roll from iPhone 5S to computer. Go to get it whenever you want to backup photos from iPhone 5S or other iOS device.