How to Recover Data from Corrupted Hard Drive by Yourself
Symptoms of a Corrupted Hard Drive
- 1. Rather than starting up as expected, your computer start extremely slowly or refuse to start up at all. In many cases, these events cause an error to be displayed on the screen, such as "Hard disk about to fail" or "Windows could not start because [a reason]."
- 2. Produce clicking, buzzing or whining noise loudly and fast when accessing the hard drive
- 3. Many programs crash at once or the computer experience serious errors and then refuse to boot up again.
- 4. Corrupted files, disappearing files or missing files are also signs of a hard-drive failure or a virus.
- 5. Other signs include unusually slow access times, incomprehensible files names, crashes or freezes, and other undesirable behavior.
How to Recover Corrupted Hard Drive
If your hard drive is experiencing any of the above, you may be facing data loss. You need to recover corrupted hard drive and retrieve lost data.
First of all, take into consideration the fact that whether the operating system on your computer is stored in the corrupted hard drive. If that's the case, then the process becomes a bit cumbersome as you may not be able to start the system easily. However, you can use Data Recovery WinPE to boot up operating system from CD/DVD/USB flash drive and retrieve lost or inaccessible files. It is easy to use for each level of computer users, even novice can handle it without effort.
If you can access to your system but are not able to access the files on the computer, you can try Corrupted Hard Drive Recovery or Corrupted Hard Drive Recovery for Mac. They are data recovery tools based on two different operating systems. It enables you to retrieve lost documents, photos, audio files, videos, emails and archive files from corrupted hard drive easily and effectively, as well as corrupted external hard drive.
Follow the steps to get back lost files from the corrupted hard drive.
Download "Data Recovery" to Rescue your Data:
Section 1: How to Recover Corrupted Hard Drive in Windows?
Step 1: Select the Hard Drive Recovery Mode
Use another hard drive to install this data recovery software. To recover the files on your corrupted Hard Drive, you need to choose "Raw Recovery" that recover data with deep scan. Select the corrupted hard drive, and select the file types you desire on the left of the interface. And click "Scan".
Step 2: Preview and Select Files to be Recovered
Raw Recovery mode will takes you several minutes to get the scanning results. After that, all the recoverable files are displayed by file type and format. You can effectively select the files you need to recover by previewing the photos and audios.
Step 3: Save Recovered Files from Corrupted Hard Drive
Specify a location to save your recovered files. You are suggested to save them on an external hard drive instead of the corrupted hard drive.
Part II: How to Recover Corrupted Hard Drive on Mac OS X?
If your Mac's hard drive is corrupted, you need to turn to Mac Corrupted Hard Drive Recovery. Go for the tutorial of how to recover archive on Mac.
Download Data Recovery Professional to Rescue your Data:comments powered by Disqus