"iPhone is not charging when I plug it in. Any help?"
I guess many of you would encounter such a problem – for many times, your iPhone is not charging when connected. There are 2 major reasons for this issue: iPhone is not charging properly, or you charge it in the correct way but something blocks the charging.
Try the instructions below to fix it by yourself before you head out to pay for Apple service to replace your iPhone battery.
What To Do When iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S/4 is Not Charging
To fix this iPhone not charging issue, follow the instructions below step by step.
Step 1. Make Sure You Charge iPhone in the Right Place in the Right Way
Make sure you're charging it in the right place. Because the iPhone has high power demands, it needs to be charged using high-speed USB ports. There are 3 ways to charge your iPhone. Choose any one below to charge your iPhone correctly.
Option 1. Connect your iPhone to a power outlet with the USB cable that came with your device and an Apple USB power adapter. This is the original and quickest way to charge your iPhone.
Option 2. Connect your iPhone directly to a USB port on your computer with a USB cable.
Note:iPhone is not charging on computer under the 2 circumstances:
When you connect iPhone to the USB port on external keyboard of your computer. iPhone needs to be charged using high-speed USB ports but the ports on most keyboards don't provide enough power to charge iPhone.
When your computer is not turned on, or it is in sleep or standby mode. If your computer is not turned on, or the display or lid is closed (which means you computer may go into standby, sleep, or hibernation mode), the battery of your iPhone may drain instead of charge.
Option 3. Connect your iPhone to an externally-powered USB hub. To charge your iPhone quicker, disconnect other USB devices.
1. Do not sync or use your iPhone when iPhone is charging, or it may take longer time to charge.
2. Charging with a FireWire-based power source is not supported.
3. If the battery charge is very low, your iPhone may display the images showed on the right, which indicates that your iPhone battery needs to charge for at least 10 minutes before you can use it.
Step 2. Check Whether There Is Something Wrong Stopping iPhone from Charging
If you verify that you have charged your iPhone in the correct way introduced above but iPhone 5/4S/4/3GS is not charging at all, try the following tips to fix it.
1. Check for Lint. In some cases, the lint from your pockets, purse, or somewhere could be jammed into either the iPhone dock connector or your USB cable. This could prevent the hardware from connecting properly and stop electricity from reaching the iPhone battery. If you find it in your cable or dock connector, clear it.
2. Check the USB port. From step 1, you should know the correct USB port to charge your iPhone. If you use the right kind of USB port but iPhone is still not charging, it would probably be that the USB port itself it broken. You can test this by plugging your iPhone into another USB port on your computer (or on another computer nearby). If your iPhone is recognized by computer with this way, then there may be something wrong with the previous USB port.
3. Check the USB cable or the wall charger power adapter. In many cases, it could be the USB cable or the adapter issue that stops iPhone from charging. Try another USB cable or a new power adapter to charge your iPhone.
4. Replace your iPhone battery. If you still get stuck in the iPhone not charging problem with all these things done, then it is almost certain that you've got a dead battery. Ask Apple for help to replace your iPhone battery with US$ 79 plus shipping or for free. You can refer to Apple's official website for more info about battery replacement.
Hope all this information can help you out. If you have any problem, please let us know by leaving it in your comment.