Apple released iOS 7 at WWDC 2013, and since then new versions have come forth, from iOS 7.0.1 to the latest iOS 7.1. many users want to experience this wonderful iOS. If you are one of those who want to access iOS 7 beta, such as iOS 7 beta 1, beta 2, or beta 3, then you are in the right place to obtain the all-round knowledge.
Important Things You Should Note before You Get iOS 7 Beta Access
To download iOS 7 beta and install it successfully, you need to pay attention to the following warnings before you access to the new version.
1. Supported devices on iOS 7 are listed as below.
iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 (not including iPhone 3GS)
iPod Touch 5 only
iPad 4 (iPad with Retina display), iPad 3 (the new iPad), iPad mini, iPad 2
2. Backup your Apple devices. iOS 7 beta update or any other iOS upgrade would certainly erase your data on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. You can use iTunes or iCloud to backup your data. But since there are some limitations, such as you can't view the data with iTunes, or you need an account of iCloud. Hence, iPhone Data Recovery is highly recommended for you to backup all your devices for it can optionally preview and freely backup any wanted data. You can refer to the content of how to transfer iPhone to computer as it introduces the way to transfer data to computer as an offline backup.
3. Ensure iTunes on your computer is running the latest version. To check, click "Check for Updates" in iTunes or simply visit the Mac App Store on your computer to make sure everything is up to date.
4. Be patient with iOS 7. Many iOS developers with iOS 7 have reported that the new version works very smoothly. But this new version is still in beta, and users should beware of errors, bugs, crashes or issues.
Methods about How to Access iOS 7 Beta
After you have noted the warnings mentioned above, you can start to find ways to download iOS 7 beta. Apple app developers can access the iOS 7 beta for free since they have a $99 annual pay to Apple, but for iOS 7 fans, here are the means you can try.
1. Pay the yearly $99 fee to access iOS 7 beta ahead of its release date. The iPhone developer tools are placed behind a $99 annual paywall and developers must pay the yearly fee, also including those of you who want to access iOS 7 early. You can visit the Apple iOS developer program: https://developer.apple.com/programs/ios/ to join them.
2. Find a friend who is the iOS developer. Many of you may want to install iOS 7 beta free or install iOS 7 beta without UDID. To realize this, you need to find a developer friend. Each developer account can grant up to 100 devices access to iOS 7 beta and if you have a friend who develops iPhone apps, you can ask him or her for help.
3. Buy Access to iOS 7 with less money. Many companies offer to register iDevices for the developer program and grant iOS beta access with Apple. You can only pay a small fee like $8 and offer the Unique Device Identifier (UDID). Such resources include IMZAL: https://imzdl.com/.
The Way on How to Install iOS 7 Beta
The way to install iOS 7 beta on your Apple device is extremely simple:
Download iOS 7 beta for iPhone 5, or for other devices. You must get a hold of the ".IPSW" file for your specific device and it is available from Apple's website: https://developer.apple.com/ios7/ (no follow)
Connect your device to computer running the latest iTunes. On Mac, click "Restore" holding down "alt"/ "option"; on Windows, click "Restore" holding down "Shift".
A Finder or Windows Explorer window will open. Locate your ".IPSW" file, select it and confirm your choice. iTunes will install the new firmware.
Once the installation is complete and your iDevice reboots a few times (it should take about 40 minutes to a full hour or more, so make sure your device is plugged into a power source.), you are successful to install iOS 7 beta on iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. If you forget to backup your device and want to recover the lost data, such as contacts, SMS text messages, call history, notes, photos, videos, etc., go for iPhone Data Recovery for help.