The Best Photo Recovery Software You must Have
With the tremendous number of programs that recovers lost photos on Mac, it can be hard to know where to start, let alone which program is the best for your needs. This article is designed to help you narrow things down to get the best Photo Recovery Software for Mac.
Here we list two Mac photo recovery programs: One is named PhotoRec which is free, and the other is named Tenorshare Photo Recovery for Mac which is premium but it is cost-effective since it is easy enough yet features all the functions you need to recover photos on Mac.
Download Tenorshare Photo Recovery for Mac:
Fee Photo Recovery Software for Mac – PhotoRec
PhotoRec is open source free photo recovery software that is designed to recover many different types of files, including by not limited to images, movies, documents, and executables from hard disk and digital camera memory including CompactFlash, Memory Stick, SecureDigital, SmartMedia, Microdrive, MMC, USB Memory Drives. It is multi-platform application including Mac OS X.
Limitation of PhotoRec:
- 1. It is command line utility with no GUI, which requires the users some advanced computer skills.
- 2. It is also not that quick: it took over 12 minutes to recover data from a ~5GB partition.
- 3. It is a companion program to TestDisk, an application for recovering lost partitions on a wide variety of file systems and making non-bootable disks bootable again.
- 4. It does not allow you to pick and choose which files you want to recover - it recovers them all (even malware files so be careful).
- 5. For ignoring the file system, it does not recover file names for you.
If you are using Mac running OS 10.5 or above, we recommend another robust and easy photo recovery for Mac program.
Best Photo Recovery for Mac – Tenorshare Photo Recovery for Mac
Tenorshare Photo Recovery for Mac is a smart utility that can recover lost digital photo files from media that is defective or damaged, as well as images that you may have accidentally deleted from your storage media. It works with most types of digital camera storage including SmartMedia, CompactFlash, Sony Memory Stick, I, Flash cards, SD card, XD card and etc.
Cons of this Best Photo Recovery for Mac:
- 1. Super easy for every computer users, even those with little computer skills.
- 2. Offer more non-destructive photo recovery tool.
- 3. Fast recovery speed to save your time.
- 4. Recover almost all photo formats, as well as documents, videos and audios.
- 5. Supports all popular portable storage.
- 6. Be compatible with the latest Mac OS X10.8.
How to Recover Photos on Mac?
- Step 1: Download and install this best Photo Recovery for Mac on another partition rather than the one which your lost photos stored on. Then launch it. To recover photos from external storage on Mac, connect it before this step.
- Step 2: Select the drive where you lost photos, and select "Photo". You are also allowed to recover other files like videos, audios and documents with this photo recovery for Mac. Click "Scan".
- Step 3: All the recoverable photos are listed. Select the ones you need by checking them. You are able to preview photos before photo recovery to make sure they are exact ones you want. Hit "Recover".
- Step 4: Specify a location to save the recovered photos. To avoid data overwriting, never save them on the partition where you lost files.
Download Tenorshare Photo Recovery for Mac:comments powered by Disqus