The release date of this new Mac OS X version is related to WWDC. Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference is going to be help on June 14, 2013. And lots of pundits have speculated that the Mac OS X 10.9 would be released at the conference.
This should make sense because WWDC often offers insight into Apple's next products. At the WWDC of 2011, Apple launched Mac OS X 10.7 and iOS 5; at 2012 WWDC, Apple showed off iOS 6 and other hardware. Therefore, the WWDC of 2013 on June 14 should be a big stage for Apple to release the Mac OS X 10.9.
However, some reports also claimed that OS X 10.9 would be held back to ensure iOS 7 ships. It is said that Apple has been pulling away engineers from the project of Mac OS X 10.9 to iOS 7, so OS X 10.9 might be launched later of this year.
Mac OS X 10.9 New Features
The new features of Mac OS X 10.9 may become fans' core interest since the previous version 10.8 (Mountain lion) has won warm welcome after its release. And people can't wait to see the new version's features. Here is the list of some main new features of Mac OS X 10.9.
1. Siri and Maps. According to some resources, Apple would release the Mac OS X 10.9 with two widely used features from iOS and they are Apple's virtual personal assistant, the Siri, and its new self-branded Maps application. Siri needs hardware to support all of its various functions, and this makes it a perfect fit on Mac OS X 10.9. It is reported that early builds of OS X have been discovered with Maps integration, so we can speculate that it is possible for the Maps to be added to the new OS X.
2. iBooks and Newsstand. It is said that with OS X 10.9, Apple would release both iBooks and Newsstand for OS X, which would allow users to read favorite books and magazines on any device of Apple, except those iOS devices, such as iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
3. Enhanced Finder and Contacts app. Apple is reportedly ready to address a key complaint from power users, and an enhanced Finder should be the solution, which remain a straightforward way to get files and would be added more changes to. Users highly expected that human interface leadership, including emphasis on usability, more hankering for minimalism, more attention to detail regarding bugs, etc. would be emerged as to the Contacts.
4. Better window management. Mac users may be discouraged by the window management on Mac OS. But the new window management on Mac OS X 10.9 would allow you to enter into easy and rapid place windows side-by-side and in other normal layouts.
5. Interface improvements and cross-device intelligence. Apple is reportedly to fix some problems which are widespread among Mac users, such as the infatuation with desaturation, scalability, etc. Browsing the Mac App Store is largely expected for Apple to deal with more cross-device intelligence.
Those are the rumors about the release date and new feature on Mac OS X 10.9. Since the WWDC are on the way, let's keep waiting for it to see what we will meet at the conference. If you are one of the Mac fans, and want to know more information, you can refer to tips about Mac software.