5 Easy Ways to Fix Memory Card Error and Other SD Card Problems
Sometimes, "memory card error" message shows up on the screen of your mobile phone, camera, or some other digital media devices. You may have sorts of problems on micro SD card, HTC SD card, Cannon memory card, blackberry memory card and more.
Memory card error message has long been a known issue among digital media device users. If you are so lucky, this problem can be temporarily overcome by removing with the battery. However, there are lots of different memory card errors messages occurring in different cases. Of course, you won't be that lucky to prevent any stored data losing at all the time.
Part I. Common and fatal memory card errors
- 1. Memory Card Error
- 2. Memory Card Locked
- 3. Card keeps deleting the pictures
- 4. Card cannot be formatted
- 5. Card has wrong format
- 6. Memory Card Full
- 7. Card cannot be formatted.
Above all memory card errors indicate memory card logical corruption when you try to access data from or store data to your memory card. Of course here we do not consider about the physically corrupted memory card. So in order to fix memory card error and get rid of all those error messages, we had better do the following procedures.
Free Trial "Card Data Recovery" to Recover Lost or Deleted Data from Memory Card:
Part II. 5 Methods to Fix Memory Card Errors
Method 1: Fix Memory Card Error After Connect the memory card to PC.
Take your memory card out of your digital device and put it into another camera, or mobile phone or some other card readers and next connect it to a PC, see if the card can be accessed normally. Sometimes this way can make the card be good working again. If not, move to step 2.
Method 2: Format Memory Card to Fix Memory Card Error.
If you do not have important and valuable data on the card, then format the card.
Method 3: Use memory card format software to fix "Card cannot be formatted" error.
After recover the inaccessible data, if you still cannot read or write data on your memory card, then you have to format your card. The worst thing is that you even cannot format it for error "Card cannot be formatted" happens. But still don't worry, use card format software to format SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cardswith ease. You can use it to totally get rid of error "Card cannot be formatted".
Method 4: Unlock a locked SD Card.
If you get "Card Locked" error message, please remove the Memory Card and check the side of the Memory Card should be a Little White Tab that most likely had been moved to the Locked Position. Just Move the White Switch into the Unlocked Position.
Method 5: Use Memory Card Recovery to recover the inaccessible data.
But suppose you have important data on your card, if you format it, you will lose your data without doubt. So when confronted with such a dilemma, you'd better use a credible data recovery program to recover data from Memory Card with Error. Please follow the below instructions to recover memory card data:
- 1. Connect your corrupted memory/SD card with a PC.
- 2. If you are using Windows 7, 8, XP, or Vista, download and install Card Data Recovery (To fix Memory Card Error on Mac, Photo Recovery for Mac is available for you. ), run it on that PC. Actually, the process of how to recover data after memory card error happens on Windows and Mac are quite similar.
- 3. Select patition and file types, then click "Scan" button.
- 4. Preview lost photos and files on SD card before recovery.
- 5. Select a path for the recovered files and next click "OK" to complete Memory card data recovery.
Part III. How to Avoid Memory Card Errors
- 1. Format a new memory card as soon as you get it.
- 2. Always safely "eject" your memory card from the computer.
- 3. Turn off your camera/ cell phone before removing the memory card.
- 4. Don't use the same card on multiple cameras.
- 5. When card is full, try to format memory card instead of deleting photos.
- 6. Use famous and quality memory cards such as SanDisk, Panasonic, Sony, Kingston, Lexar, Olympus and many more.
Free Trial or Purchase "Card Data Recovery" to Recover Lost or Deleted Data from Memory Card:comments powered by Disqus