How to Use Fix Genius
Fix Genius is an all-inclusive software package that will boot up crashed computer from a bootable CD/DVD/USB, and fix computer booting problems, repair corrupted Windows system and provide other functions like find Windows password & product key, Office product keys, partition, clone hard disk, and etc.
We divide this tutorial into four parts according to functions(Windows Rescue, Password &Key Recovery, Data Recovery, and Disk Tools), and one additional part: How to Create a bootable CD/DVD/USB which is a compulsory step before you enter the WinPE environment to use the above four functions.
Back & Restore, Repartition Hard Drive
Clone, Backup & Restore
If you need to manage your hard drive and data, click "Disk Tools".
Clone Entire Disk: If you need to replace your former disk or upgrade to a larger one, select "Clone Entire Disk" and follow the wizard to clone entire disk including Windows, programs, files and personal settings to a new disk.
Disk Backup: If you need to back up the whole hard disk in case of hard disk corruption, select "Disk Backup" and follow the wizard to save and compress the image files to another external hard disk.
Disk Restore: If you backed up your whole hard disk before, you can select "Disk Restore" to extract the compressed image files and restore the disk.
Clone One Partition: If you need to clone one partition to a different partition, select "Clone One Partition" and follow the wizard to clone one partition to any other partition on the same hard disk, removable hard disk, USB flash drive, and etc.
Partition Backup: If you need to back up the entire partition for periodical maintenance, select "Partition Backup" and follow the wizard to finish backup.
Partition Restore: If you preciously backed up your partition, you can select "Partition Restore" to restore it to a previous status.
If you want to perform partitioning function, select "Partition Manager".
How to Resize a Partition
To maximize use your hard disk or save drive space, you need to resize a partition: extend a partition or shrink a partition. To extend a partition, there must be unallocated space on your hard drive. If not, you need to shrink other partitions to free up unallocated space. Also, the unallocated space should be next to the partition which you're going to extend.
- Step 1: Select the partition you need to shrink or extend, click "Move/Resize" on the top menu.
- Step 2: Drag the slide bar or directly input the partition size to set partition size.
- Step 3: Click "OK" to confirm. Click "Apply" to perform the operation. Then the partition has been successfully shrunken.
How to Create a Partition
To create a partition, there must be unallocated space on your hard drive. If not, you need to shrink other partitions to free up unallocated space.
- Step 1: Select the unallocated space on your hard drive, click "Create" button.
- Step 2: Enter partition properties. Here you can enter the file system, partition label, drive letter, partition type and cluster size of the new partition.
- Step 3: After setting partition properties, click "Yes". Click "Apply" to perform the operation.
How to Format a Partition
- Step 1: Select the partition you would like to format, click "Format" button.
- Step 2: Select the file system, drive letter and allocation unit size in the next popup.
- Step 3: And then click "Yes" button. Click "Apply" to perform the operation.
How to Delete a Partition
- Step 1: Select the partition you would like to delete, click "Delete" button.
- Step 2: And then click "Yes" button. Click "Apply" to perform the operation.