How to Use Data Recovery Enterprise
Data Recovery Enterprise is all-in-1 data recovery software which features basic file undelete functions and include many advanced functions. It can recover deleted files, recover from formatted, altered, corrupt hard drive, memory card, USB flash drive, and etc., recover from RAID 0 and RAID 5, and do much more.
To get started, download and install the software on your computer. If you need to recover lost data from a portable media, connect it with your computer in advance. Then launch this software.
Note: Don't download or install it on the same partition where your lost files stored. It will make the data overwritten and can't be recoverable.
RAID Recovery can recover data from broken RAID 0 and RAID 5 array. You can get back deleted or lost data from them and copy all found files and folders to other partition directly.
Follow the tutorials below to learn how to recover data from RAID array.
- Step 1. Select "RAID Recovery" on the left panel. Click "Add" to add disks. If you want to delete disks you have imported, click "Remove" to one by one or click "Deleted All" to delete all at once.
Note: If it is RAID 0, disks should be no less than two. If it is RAID 5, the disks should be no less than three..
- Step 2. Data Recovery Enterprise provides 3 ways to analyze RAID: Smart, Manual, Smart + Manual. If you are very clear about the parameters of your RAID, you can use Manual. Otherwise, Smart and Smart+Manual are recommended.
Smart: Select "Smart", then click "Next". A window with detailed information about RAID parameters pops up to you. Click "OK" to confirm or Click "Next", "Previous" to choose the right parameters.
Manual: Select "Manual", and input RAID layout, stripe size, cycle way and header size of each disk, and then click "Next".
Smart+Manual: Select "Smart+Manual" and then click "Intelligent Analysis" to analyze parameters of RAID and input parameters by yourself if you don't satisfy the result. Then click "Next".
- Step 3. Then all the result will be shown. Click "OK" to proceed.
- Step 4. In the "File List" explorer, the scanning result would be displayed in the original directory structure. Photos like PNG, JPG, JPEG, TIF, etc. and audios like MP3, OGG, M4V, etc. can be previewed before recovery. Select the files you need to recover and click "Recover" to proceed.
- Step 5. In the pop-up "Select a path for recovered data", specify a location to save the recovered lost files. Click "OK" to complete recovery.
Note: please do not save the data to the partition where your lost data located.
In addition, Data Recovery Enterprise allows you to use Deleted Recovery mode to scan RAID and recover the lost data. What's more, you can save all found files to any partition.
Scan RAID with Deleted Recovery mode: Click "Other Operation" and then "Scan RAID with Deleted Recovery mode". In the "File List" explorer, you will see file folders listed there. Click folder, all files will appear on the taskbar. Check the files and click "Recover" to start recovery.
Save all files to any partition: Click "Other Operation" and click "Copy all files to…". Select a path for the files and click "OK" to finish.