FAT Recovery Tips to Recover Your Lost FAT Partition, Hard Drive Data
The Definition of FAT File System
According to Wikipedia: "File Allocation Table (FAT) is a computer file system architecture now widely used on many computer systems and most memory cards, such as those used with digital cameras. FAT file system is commonly found on floppy disks, flash memory cards, digital cameras, and many other portable devices because of their relative simplicity. FAT was also commonly used on hard disks throughout the DOS and Windows 9x eras, but its use on hard drives has declined since the introduction of Windows XP, which primarily uses the newer NTFS." The traditional DOS file system types are FAT12 and FAT 16. With time goes on, there are FAT32 and NTFS as well.
You may Lose FAT Data Caused by:
- FAT partition corruption and partition resizing
- System or software malfunction
- Incomplete or unsuccessful repartitioning of hard drive
- FAT file system damaged
- File/directory deletion
- Accidental format, hard drive formatting
- Boot sector corruption, unexpected shutdown
- MBR (Master Boot Record) file damaged
- Virus infection, power surges
- Human errors, Windows operating system sabotage, bad section, etc.
What You Need to Recover FAT Data
When you inadvertently lose your data from FAT-based operating system on your Windows computer, you need to choose a useful FAT data recovery software to help you get out of the dilemma. FAT Recovery is a light-weight yet powerful solution that enables you to recover data from deleted, formatted, corrupted FAT partition, hard drive, external USB drive. It works well with FAT 12, FAT 16 and FAT 32. What's more, it empowers you to restore, backup partition table when your partitions was deleted, formatted, corrupted or lost. If you are Mac users, you can try Mac FAT Recovery as well.
Part I: How to Undeleted FAT, or Recover Deleted FAT partition in Windows?
- Step 1: Download this FAT Partition Recovery tool, install and launch it.
- Step 2: Choose "Deleted Recovery" if you need to recover deleted FAT, or select "Formatted Recovery" if you want to recover formatted FAT hard drive.
- Step 3: Choose the disk you lose the files, and then click "Scan". For "Formatted Recovery", you need do one more step - choose FAT as your formatted file system.
- Step 4: In the tree-like list, pick the files you would like to recover by ticking the boxes in front of the file information lines.
- Step 5: Click "Recover" and specify the location on your PC's hard drive or portable media.
- Step 6: Click "OK" to finish your actions.
Part 2. How to Recover FAT on Mac with Mac FAT Recovery?
If you are using Mac computer, go to try Mac FAT Recovery. Below you will find the short guide.
Step 1: Select the recovery mode according to the reason of data loss. Select the FAT volume which your lost files located in.
Step 2: Select the file type and click "Scan".
Step 3: Select the files you need to recover after previewing. Click "Recover".
Step 4: Select another volume rather than the one your lost files stored in, and save the recovered data.
- 1. Never download and install your program on the partition where you lost your data.
- 2. Never save your recovered files on this partition too.
- 3. It is highly recommended to back up your crucial data on online storage service, external drives.
- 4. If have already accidently lost them, try this FAT Recovery Software.
Download Data Recovery Professional to Rescue your Data:comments powered by Disqus