Top 3 Tips You Need to Know about Data Recovery for Mac
Bad thing happens, even to good people. It must be frustrating that you have your hard drive fail. More specifically, your hard drive crash when you didn't have a current backup. This unfortunate turn of events happens to many computer users. Performing backups is highly recommended by computer experts. However, even backups can fail and leaves you in the dilemma which you need to recover data on Mac. Sometimes, improper operation is blame to data loss. When using your Mac, you may need to tidy up your desktop by deleting old files. Following such a cleanup, you find that you deleted some files you didn't want to delete and need to recover them.
Data Recovery for Mac is Mac data recovery software that all Mac users should have in their toolkit. It is designed to allow you to recover lost data from formatted, corrupted, or altered partition, or even just files you inadvertently deleted in an easy fashion. It works with the latest Mac OS 10.8 and the previous versions.
Well, let's figure out some information about data on Mac firstly.
Download Tenorshare Data Recovery for Mac:
Tip 1: How Mac Files are Stored?
Your Mac writes files to its hard drive disk as a series of ones and zeros in available space on the drive. It then creates pointers to those files in a database which is normally called the directory. When you go to retrieve a particular file by opening it in the Finder or an application, the directory is consulted and the data is read from the drive.
Tip 2: How Mac Files are Deleted?
When you deleted Mac files, they are moved to the Trash. If you skipped the Trash or emptied the Trash, those ones and zeros are intact. It just removed the pointer in the disk directory. The space of those "deleted" files is able to overwrite when new files are saved
Tip 3: How to Recover Data for Mac with Apple Data Recovery?
If you find you deleted files on Mac, avoid any further drive activity: Shut down your Mac and don't use it until you recover data on Mac. Then use Mac Data Recovery as soon as possible, the earlier you recover lost files on Mac, the higher possibility you can retrieve lost Mac files.
See the quick and easy guide on how to recover data on Mac:
- Step 1: Download Mac Data Recovery Software, install and launch it. Don't download and install it on the partition where your lost files were. If you need to recover external hard drive on Mac, connect your media in advance.
- Step 2: Select the recovery mode according to your data loss reason: Select "Lost File Recovery" if you deleted the files inadvertently; Select "Partition Recovery" if you can't access files from a corrupted, altered, or lost partition; Select "RAW Recovery" if you failed with the above two modes; Select "Resume Recovery" if you saved a scan result before and now need to import. Here we assume you select the most commonly used one – "Lost File Recovery".
- Step 3: Select the volume where you lost your files and the file types your files belong to. Click "Scan".
- Step 4: Unfold the folders in the file-tree and check the files you need to recover. You are allowed to preview photos and audios before Mac data recovery. And then click "Recover".
- Step 5: Select a location to save the recovered Mac files. Please note that never save them to the partition where you lost files. Otherwise, the original data may be overwritten.
You can also go for free data recovery for Mac.
Download Tenorshare Data Recovery for Mac:comments powered by Disqus